Thin Client (Arcstar Remote Accelerator)
ARA (Arcstar Remote Accelerator) is a meta-frame appliance that integrates hardware and software into a server unit with NTT Communications’ unique module.
As it adopts the server-base computing technology, it solves problems related to client servers. This solution can provide enterprises with a secure and smooth data management of application systems.
Features & Benefits
- Centralized Data Management
- Realize a centralized system data management by administrator
- No data in client PC
- Pseudo use of server on client side
- Data Access Authority Management
- Blocking print
- Blocking copy
- Block ‘save as’
- Data Access Log: Taking logs of access time/client name/file name, etc.
Threats towards Enterprise’ Information Security
- Threats towards Security inside
- Information leakage via server access from unauthenticated PC
- Attack towards server by virus-infected PC
- Information leakage via print / copy to external media
- Security risk because of the data in client
- Threat toward Security outside
- Information leakage when PC is lost when taken out
- Pressure on network traffic by access from outside
- Client Management
- Massive time and expense on installation in all clients
- Difficulty in management and maintenance because of various settings in client PC
- Low Productivity of Existing PC
- The spec requirement on PC clients becomes higher because of system upgrade.
- More faults because of coexistence of multiple systems